The California Pawnbrokers Association Board of Directors has established the following policy regarding membership in the association. Each member must agree to uphold the Code of Ethics.
MEMBERS OF THE CALIFORNIA PAWNBROKERS ASSOCIATION SHALL:
- Maintain appropriate licensure.
- Member will strive to comply with all statutory requirements, be knowledgeable of applicable policies and procedures and keep informed of existing Local, State and Federal Laws as a minimum guide for the fulfillment of responsibilities to the community.
- Never exceed the bounds of legally granted authority, rates of interest or fees.
- Maintain an attitude of fairness, honesty, respect, courtesy and good faith in all transactions.
- Cooperate with colleagues to promote common interests and concerns and facilitate ethical and competent professional performance.
- Manifest personal integrity and assume responsibility and accountability for individual judgments.
- Strive to avoid any conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest.
- Seek and maintain competence in professional skills and contribute to the ongoing development of the profession’s body of knowledge.
- Manage transactions prudently; with care and judgment, maintaining appropriate detailed records.
- Seek competent professional advice where this knowledge would benefit the transaction of business.
Violators of the above provisions shall be subject to professional discipline and/or removal from membership in CAPA.